What up yo…
Happy for this distraction…
Been following the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement from the onset.
A brief rundown of what went down:
- Zack Snyder hired by Warner bros. to create and direct a new version, his vision, of the DCEU. This will include a reimagined vision of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Martian Manhunter
- Zack Snyder first tackles Superman.
- Brings on writer David S. Goyer to write a screenplay from a story by Goyer and Christopher Nolan
- The movie will be called ”Man Of Steel”
- This is the only film that Warner Bros. allows Snyder to create without much interference.
- Henry Cavill is brought on as Kal-El, Amy Adams as Lois Lane and for the villain, the excellent Michael Shannon as General Zod.
- The next film will be the sequel to Man Of Steel, and for the first time in a live action film, will unite iconic DC Comic characters Batman and Superman. The film will be called;
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
- This will be the launching point for the ultimate team up of the DC Characters in a film…this is the lead us to Justice League.
- This is when Warner Bros. begins to tamper with Snyder’s DC Universe films.
- This time Snyder brings on Chris Terrio along with David S. Goyer
- Ben Affleck is cast as The Batman, and Gal Gadot is hired to play Wonder Woman.
- Jessie Eisenberg will play Lex Luthor.
- All pieces in place, Jason Momoa will play Aquaman, Ray Fisher will play Cyborg and Ezra Miller Will play The Flash.
- This is important because Snyder will begin filming the upcoming Justice League films (there were two runouted) back to back with BVS
- Snyder creates a cut of the film that Warner Bros. think it’s too long and will receive a box office ticket sales endangering ”R” rating…
- They tell Snyder to cut the film down and hand over a PG-13 movie
(This is not how Zack Snyder works. They hired the director of 300, Dawn Of The Dead, Watchmen, his films.are visually incredible, mature, graphics with thematically dense storylines that ALWAYS receive R ratings. This is when you stand behind the artist. They did not. But I digress….)
- WB delays the release from 2015 until March 2016.
- Snyder hands in a cut of the film having removed 31 minutes from it, and giving Warner Bros. their PG-13 film.
- It was released and people trashed it.
- ”it didn’t make sense” ”hard to follow” ”to dark” it. changing the running time from 3 hours 3 minutes to 2 hours 32 minutes, the films fleshed out storyline was now gone.
- The.vision was tampered with.
- It confuses audiences who want The Avengers and though it takes in $873 million world wide, it’s considered a failure.
- When the film premieres on Blu-ray and DVD, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition is unleashed.
- This is Snyders directors cut that Warner Bros. wouldn’t release theatrically.
- Running the full 183 mins and rated R, the film fucking rocks. It’s daring, dark, violent, devastating…beautiful dark visual poetry. The original vision has been restored and the truth of what was supposed to be in theaters is made clear to fans a.k.a. the fandom.
- At this time, Zack Snyder, cast and crew are hard at work shooting Justice League.
- Then, tragedy strikes when Zack Snyder’s daughter commits suicide during shooting.
- Zack and wife, Producer Deborah Snyder, continue their work and deliver a cut of the film to Warners that runs close to five hours, then bring it down to 3 & 1/2 hours.
This…is The Snyder Cut
- Warner Bros. simply don’t like this vision
- Doubting the visionary’s work, they light the fuse.
- They fire the Snyder’s from the production. They bring on The Avengers director Joss Whedon to retool the film, reshoot all Henry Cavills scenes, rebrand, rescore and butcher Zacks work.
- Snyders 3 & 1/2 hour film is destroyed and a mess of a film is delivered by Joss Whedon brought in at 120 mins.
- The film bombs.
- The stars won’t promote it.
- The fans are outraged.
A voice is more powerful than an atomic bomb 💥. But many voices, United, can move mountains.
- The Fandom unites, and we begin to demand that Warner Bros. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut
- ￼The movement is born.
- Petition are signed, videos made by fans pleading with Warner’s to Release the Snyder Cut.
- By the time the 2 year mark hits, the films stars and crew begin to back the movement. And Zack begins to back the movement.
- A billboard is built in Times Square, NYC during the NYC Comic-Con.
- The passion reaches a fever pitch
- Marvel fans mock us, but it’s obvious to me, two years later, this is going to happen.
- Time, pressure, persistence and patience.
- #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement runs from 2017 until 2020 and becomes the most hashtaged film Warner Brothers has ever made…and it hasn’t even been released.
- Zack Snyder, besides himself, along with wife Deborah Snyder are blown away by the support.
- In May 2020, Zack Snyder announces that the movement won. justice league the Snyder cut will be released on HBO new streaming service, HBO MAX, in 2021.
History has been made.
As of now, Zach is now editing the film and polishing it for the release, date.
At a Fandom, DC Fandom event, Zack unveiled a new teaser trailer.
And here we go:
Justice League official trailer
DC Fandom Q&A Panel